Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum

Steam Version of the game

I recently bought the game on steam. Played it way back and now nostalgia kicked in... enjoying it a lot.
    I'v seen people complaining about the steam version, though from what I remember improvements seam, well, an improvement.
    Anyway, if someone knowledgeable wouldn't mind running through what I should expect with this version. By that I mean any major glitches or imbalances that come with the patch that I should be aware off. Thank you in advance and sorry for being too lazy to research this matter on my own.

Also, on another note. I haven't been able to find any thread anywhere on the exact effects of moral, because for me it affects more than just attack speed as wikia suggests. I have seen improvements in movement and combat as well.

Lazy4life!

Steam version is at 1.3.24 version which have broken vampirism and others things. So it is better to install 1.3.25 version from http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_Downloads . Even 1.3.25 have problems but not that game breaking of 1.3.24

Morale effects the attack and speed of your units high enough morale means it effects increase thus chance of hitting and moving faster is what your units get from high morale

Quote Originally Posted by Intikhab View Post
    Steam version is at 1.3.24 version which have broken vampirism and others things. So it is better to install 1.3.25 version from http://etheria.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_Downloads . Even 1.3.25 have problems but not that game breaking of 1.3.24
    Installed it. Thank you for the link but, it seams to have just messed up my game, can't see any units. maybe i should revert to 1.03.2 and than instal this, or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Intikhab View Post
    Morale effects the attack and speed of your units high enough morale means it effects increase thus chance of hitting and moving faster is what your units get from high morale
    I was hoping for a bit more detailed information so I know how to build my heroes around. Like how much of what I get for how many moral points. stuff like that. Thanks tho.
    Last edited by Peace-enforcer; 02-02-2016 at 05:16 PM.

All you have to do, to fix that issue, is to run the Warlordsbattlecryiii.exe file in compatibility mode, pack 2 should work. If not that one, then keep trying different modes until you find one that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace-enforcer View Post
    Installed it. Thank you for the link but, it seams to have just messed up my game, can't see any units. maybe i should revert to 1.03.2 and than instal this, or something like that?

I was hoping for a bit more detailed information so I know how to build my heroes around. Like how much of what I get for how many moral points. stuff like that. Thanks tho.
    for game not running properly read this guide.
    http://www.infinite-interactive.com/...-modern-setups

If you don't want the timer based summoning then follow this guide to down patch to 1.03 http://steamcommunity.com/app/433280...1477887530144/

Both are written by me

Well heroes regarding the morale you can use the temp hero level between 1-100 you choose for skirmishes and check it out the morale effects.

Thanks for the reply and a tip with temp heroes. Will have to play around to check what was exactly my problem with graphics. Also, if you don't mind answering. Do you know why proc from items don't work on fire missile? Is it 1.03.24 version problem, is it intentional or just an oversight when it was implemented. For me it doesn't work except when a target is in melee range. And no. It's not just luck, tested it with x5 proc items for long enough to determine it doesn't work.
    Last edited by Peace-enforcer; 02-03-2016 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace-enforcer View Post
    Do you know why proc from items don't work on fire missile? Is it 1.03.24 version problem, is it intentional or just an oversight when it was implemented. For me it doesn't work except when a target is in melee range. And no. It's not just luck, tested it with x5 proc items for long enough to determine it doesn't work.
    Proc items are not triggered by ranged attacks. It is a bug, fixed in The Protectors (version 0.8.6 I think).
    With the import tools in WBC3, we can do it in under 5 minutes... but how to use the tools properly is secret known only to myself, Janeen, and a few ancient monks cloistered in cave somewhere in northern Latvia

Cheers

Steve
    I always had something of a monk in me. Now I know.