Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edelward View Post
    How has it happened that Steam hosted unofficial version or say it direct - a mod ?
    My guess is the same as the GOG version - because it removed the copy protection which did half their job for them.

Steam has different policy from GOG they don't care about DRM .
    I think they must sell 103 and have mods in workshop as all other games on Steam

I seen some refer to 103B as a mod yes it is a mod in a sense BUT it was made by taking the original source code of the game and program the changes in C++ and compiling them in Microsoft Visual C++ so it's not your usual term of modding . Could it be that maybe "modding" WBC3 is a little more technical than people think? Please , the WBC3 community has been around along time trying to keep the game alive. I bought my game a long time ago and I still have my game box and original disks. We all love the original game and we didn't mod the game to "fix" it for other people we modded the game to extend our own game play and hope that maybe someone else might want play something different. 103B keeps the original there for me when I want to play it .

Warlords Forever
    Home of the 1035 Mod for Warlords Battlecry 3
    I also make indiegames under the name BelowZeroGames

Yup i wouldn't consider this mod either. Maybe they are getting confused with your actual mod i think.

Well if they read my signature perhaps but I built 103B to keep the original along with my 1035 mod (in the same folder)you see. When I added all my feature packs my original would crash on me so I had to increase the limit in my mod first so they would work in the first place and I needed to keep my original so it would work as well. It took me a long time to separate my mod from the original as I was sharing files to keep it's size down. Eventually I was able to separate pretty much everything (different game.txr, strings, and even the graphics.xcr all separate) . I do agree with the folks who want the original game BTW and I think everyone that hasn't played the game should play the original first then look around at the mods. Make a second copy of the game on your hard drive and plant mods in there later keep your original we are in the age of Gigabytes now .

Warlords Forever

I would say terabytes I got total of 6 terabytes of hard disk in my main desktop and that is already filled to 4. And even terabytes is wrong to use unless you are hard disk manufacturer who use wrong labels sell 1 terabyte while it is only 931.x actual gebibytes(old gigabytes). In binary it's tebibytes X) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_prefix found about it by accidents about prefixes few days ago i feel stupid as in i have degree in computer sciences.

Okay i am experiencing weird thing. When i used your patchdata.xcr and game.txt with battlecry3b.exe my game ran fine and loaded match without problem. Then i patched it to 1.3.21 then to 1.3.25 . Now when i try again this method to down patch my game crashes at loading a match before selecting troops and the random text shown on screen have weird symbols at end. Now this is happening to people on steam too but mine is gog version. Any way of getting this to 1.3 from 1.3.25? because getting everything to 1.3.25 is easier than down patching.

EDIT: Okay found the solution for it. Used this patch from 1.00 to 1.03 warlordsbattlecry.free.fr/ressource/telechargements/patch/WB3_103_En_02.rar then used your files to overwrite and used your exe .
    Last edited by Intikhab; 01-29-2016 at 09:05 AM.

Yes that is the way I had patched my own game from the 1.00 to 1.03 official patch then done my modding from there. There could have been a factor I overlooked as I have not worked on it for a couple years now.

Warlords Forever

Is there any way to get ironman mode to work with the steam version?

The version I'm running (after a clean install, registry / documents traces removed as well) is 1.03.24 I'm pretty sure when I first had this game, with the "insert disk to play" version, ironman mode used to work, as I remember playing a few days with ironman, then dying from some assassins.

Tried with version 1.03 (the one from this topic, files from post 1 and post 8)
    Tried with version 1.03.24 (the one on steam)
    Tried with version 1.03.25 (the one from the wiki)

With no version does the ironman work.

Is there any way to make it work? Like change something to make ironman only work?
    Last edited by AzKat; 01-29-2016 at 08:05 PM.

I'm really wondering if it has to do with the herodata.xcr because of the changes over the years with the file location. The file location was something hard coded in the game (I know this for a fact as I work with the code) On the old systems like my XP you had the My Documents/ Warlords Battlecry III folder but now it's Users/ My documents/Warlords Battlecry 3 I'm just wondering if it's not saving the data for the hero in the herodata.xcr file and that's why the ironman won't work properly.

Warlords Forever

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast