Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum

Items that cause game to crash

Hello,
    I have recently found a few items that cause the game to crash in patch 1.3.25. Seams like Items with high negative moral cause game to crash most of the time. Namely "Mercenary's Attire", "Grim Effigy" and also one whose name I don't know. A ring with -30 moral, no health regen, but gives triple mana regen. Have tested it on multiple machines.

Anyway, If someone knows a fix for this I'd appreciated it. If not, make one? :P

In any chase try to keep this in mind when planning builds. Also game crashes at the start of the game if items are equipped or when equipping them. But later on in the game (not sure at which point) game will allow them to be equipped without crashing

Quote Originally Posted by Peace-enforcer View Post
    In any chase try to keep this in mind when planning builds. Also game crashes at the start of the game if items are equipped or when equipping them. But later on in the game (not sure at which point) game will allow them to be equipped without crashing
    This is probably because later in game you have high(er) morale from research, so the negative addition from the items does not reach the crash limit.
    With the import tools in WBC3, we can do it in under 5 minutes... but how to use the tools properly is secret known only to myself, Janeen, and a few ancient monks cloistered in cave somewhere in northern Latvia

Cheers

Steve
    I always had something of a monk in me. Now I know.

Perhaps it's to do with the army limit since morale also affects it.

So a really high negative morale would throw your army limit to a negative value, too, which is probably the issue. But later on in game when you have built a lot of buildings, your army limit would be high enough to accommodate the harsh negative morale.

A way to test would be to equip the item once you have a lot of a buildings and then start destroying your own buildings with Ctrl+D, keeping track of your army limit before each destroyed building. If the game eventually crashes when you destroy a building at an army limit 0, then we have our answer.
    Last edited by Kharn; 04-12-2016 at 11:25 AM.