Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Warlords BattleCiV

LOOKING FOR LIEUTENANTS!
    If you want to help, please say so, I'm working alone for far too long!
    I'm looking for people with ideas and time for testing. If you code, even better, if you don't, I mind not.

I am working on a Total Conversion mod for Civ5 based on WBC (mostly WBC3), but I need a few information that I can't find on the wikia - although that helped a lot already.
    Since it is a Total Conversion, I'll take many liberties, including how Workers will be able to help and the application of the well known Resources.

If anyone want to contribute with ideas or even coding, please let me know.
    I made a few changes already, like the Victory Conditions:

Victory Conditions
    Magical- Complete all of Naka Tokei’s requests.
    Diplomacy- Same as Diplomatic victory.Not possible anymore, Votes are now a tool, not an end.
    Military-Obtain all original Capitals.
    Economics-Have a Copy of every Luxury in the map.
    Cultural-Just like normal Tourism victory. Not possible anymore, Tourism (called Acclaim) is now a tool, not an end.
    Seals - Uncover and crack or dominate all 4 Seals.

Magical
    After researching “Master of Magic” (final research in the Magic branch of the "tech" tree), the player is then able to ‘call’ (train) Naka Tokei (“Master of All”), which will stay under a player’s control for only a turn. While Tokei is with a player, no other player may call for Naka Tokei.
    The Master of All is a very powerful unit, but is specially tuned for the Magical victory. There are three Missions exclusive to Tokei:

• Riddle me This… Answer a riddle from the Master of All.
      • There will be 30 riddles, and more will be added from time to time.

• Enemy of my Enemy Hunt down a beast from Naka Tokei’s bestiary.
      • The beast will either be very hard to kill or very hard to find.
      • Whenever a Hunting quest is given, Naka Tokei will give the player some advices on either how to kill or how to find the beast.

• A Quest! Heavily varies in content.
      • There will be plenty of Quests, with a few being race-specific and align-specific.
      • Quests must be harder than both of those previous quests.
        • Examples:
          • Conquer all remaining City-State’s of type (TYPE).
          • Make all other players DoW on enemy X (only available in Standard or bigger maps).
          • Be the most Happy Civilization and do not produce Military units (for X turns).

• All quests are time-sensitive.

Failing a mission will make Tokei mad, unabling that Civ to call him for a few turns.
    Succeeding will have Tokei bless the player (bonuses!).

Seals
    To crack or dominate a Seal, you must achieve a certain condition:
    Seal of War
    Crack - Must be the first Seal to be cracked. All other Civs are at permanent War with you.
    Dominate - Must be the last Seal to be dominated. Destroy the random Titan that appears.
    Effect: Relationships between Civs are strained. City-States’ Influence decreases faster.

Seal of Famine
    Crack - Kill a Hero 20 turns (scalable with Speed) after opening the Seal.
    Dominate - Cannot be at War. Sacrifice a Hero on the Seal.
    Effect: -1 Food in all tiles (may become negative). All Cities lose 2 Citizens, even if it would destroy them.

Seal of Death
    Crack - Kill 100 enemies of level 4 or higher. (no time limit)
    Dominate - Sacrifice 9 level 10 Unique Units on the Seal and on adjacent tiles.
    Effect: All non-Unique and non-Titan units take 3 damage per turn outside of borders.

Seal of Plague
    Crack - The Lair of Anthargh’s Spawn appears in the map. Get all 3 of it’s Riddles right.
    Dominate - The Lair of Anthargh’s Spawn appears in the map. Kill the Spawn.
    Effect: Great People spawn rating reduced by 40%. Any unit spawned has a 10% chance to die.

There is more - like the Hero system - in the Google Doc. If you want to help, please say so, I'm working alone for more than 2 years now!

-------------------------------

DOWNLOADS
    [Note: This are Civilization packs for the normal game, no changes are made to the core mechanics in order to play these civs. The Total Conversion is still a very early WiP (work in progress), hence why I need a (few) hand(s).]

Warlords BattleCiv Pack-I
    [Steam]
    v2.0
    Requires:
    - DLL VariousModComponents from v70 onwards.
    or
    - Community Patch (not BALANCE patch)
    (You can't have more than one Mod with a DLL file at a time, if you have one DISABLE IT before using one of the above)

Warlords BattleCiv Pack-II [Steam] v2.0
    Requires: Warlords BattleCiV Pack I

Warlords BattleCiv Pack-III [Steam] v2.0
    Requires: Warlords BattleCiV Pack II

Warlords BattleCiv Pack-IV [Steam] v1.0
    Requires: Warlords BattleCiV Pack III

Latest update notes
    (changed to the linked post in this same thread because of maximum amount of characters allowed)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bane; 04-12-2016 at 09:54 PM.

I'm in love with WBC and Civ V. Love the idea.

The only thing I'm unsure of at this point is #8. There's a LOT of terrain and tile improvements in Civ V. This would require a big overhaul of the resource system - namely food. This would also be a big hit on happiness, if you're going to keep that for your version. I find myself getting frustrated every time I have to spend turns on workers already. I'm certainly not an authority at the game, but until I get my 2nd city, I usually only have 2 workers - 1 if I can get away with it. I'm not against the idea at all, I'm just saying there would be a lot that would have to change.

What resources are you planning on keeping? I don't really know how much you're planning on changing the game, but it looks as though culture is mostly useless, luxury resources would be hard to keep up and as such happiness is hard to keep up.. I'm trying to remember what else there is.. been a few months since I've played Civ.. Anyway, I'm excited about it.

If you can get some sneak peak type content out I can show it off for you on my site if you'd like. I wish I knew enough programming, but ideas and my site are really the only help I can offer.
    My Warlords Battlecry fan site: Etherian Tears

I'm working on a WBC themed story. Feel free to comment/post suggestions.
    I write a little music. My Facebook "band" page.

Good to be back.

Thanks for the nice answer!

Quote Originally Posted by warlord4484 View Post
    I'm in love with WBC and Civ V. Love the idea.

The only thing I'm unsure of at this point is #8. There's a LOT of terrain and tile improvements in Civ V. This would require a big overhaul of the resource system - namely food. This would also be a big hit on happiness, if you're going to keep that for your version. I find myself getting frustrated every time I have to spend turns on workers already. I'm certainly not an authority at the game, but until I get my 2nd city, I usually only have 2 workers - 1 if I can get away with it. I'm not against the idea at all, I'm just saying there would be a lot that would have to change.
    I always hated Workers in Civ, every Civ. They start important as hell and at the middle of the game you only use them for attacks (when you have patience or a very well defended opponent). I want to make them more important. Also, many things will change, BUT, this is just the start by now. Nothing is set in stone!
    Aboute the bolded part: Good thinking, I did not thought of that.

What resources are you planning on keeping? I don't really know how much you're planning on changing the game, but it looks as though culture is mostly useless, luxury resources would be hard to keep up and as such happiness is hard to keep up.. I'm trying to remember what else there is.. been a few months since I've played Civ.. Anyway, I'm excited about it.
    Yeah... Culture. Damn Culture. I'm very unsure of what to do with them; another project I'm working on with a friend (Warhammer) will use the normal Policy Branches as Spell Schools, the FramedArchitecth (Faerun mod) also did that. I'm unsure if that's a good idea or not. Here you can see what I did for another project that was scrapped due to ideological incompatibilities with the company that makes the game.
    About the Resources, I don't know what I'll REMOVE, I know that I'll have to change Iron to Metal and Stone and Gold to become something else. These three and Crystal will be currency.
    If this proves too much work for too little effect, only Crystal will be added as a Luxury resource.

If you can get some sneak peak type content out I can show it off for you on my site if you'd like. I wish I knew enough programming, but ideas and my site are really the only help I can offer.
    I'm still in the programming and ideas phase. You can see the most updated info here.

Oh, also. Forgot one thing:
    You won't need to manually make the Workers work on the tile, there will be a mission (like 'Build Improvement', 'Found City', 'Attack') with infinite duration called 'Work Improvement', this way you don't need to worry about them, BUT, if you want them doing something else, you may simply move them or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    I'm still in the programming and ideas phase. You can see the most updated info here.
    Is the barbarian image from wbc?
    With the import tools in WBC3, we can do it in under 5 minutes... but how to use the tools properly is secret known only to myself, Janeen, and a few ancient monks cloistered in cave somewhere in northern Latvia

Cheers

Steve
    I always had something of a monk in me. Now I know.

Nope. Random Google image.

I would use Warlock 2 or Age of Wonders 3 personally. Civ 5 is going to need a lot of tweaking....

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleknight View Post
    I would use Warlock 2 or Age of Wonders 3 personally. Civ 5 is going to need a lot of tweaking....
    It doesn't seem like Warlock 2 would be a good contender, as the modding capability is VERY limited.
    I don't know Age of Wonders 3, so I can't comment on this one; I will have to take a look, thanks!

Finally, Civ5 is very moddable and workload is not an issue. This isn't something I need to get done ASAP or something and I like big projects since I can make them more personal and exactly like I want them to be.

Anyone had any thought on what to do with Policies?
    Go crazy on ideas, we can make miracles.

Alright, I'll take a jab at policy ideas. I am a Civ player myself (been loving the series since the third game) so it's nice to see a mod for one of my favorite games. (I'm also going to assume that this is for BNW and G&K)

Perhaps the policy trees could correspond to certain alignments, in this case, Good, Evil, and Neutral. There can be three for good, three for evil, and three for neutral. Certain races only have access to their policies that correspond to their alignment, such as Knights only having access to the good and neutral policies, and Undead only having access to evil and neutral policies. The neutral races have access to all of the policies, although that idea is pending and haven't thought about it much.

For the policy tree themselves, since it's cut off for the alignments, each of the three specific trees help the civ in an area. For example;

Chivalry gives bonuses to the army with discipline and honor as well as vanquishing Daemons and Undead.

Order could help with happiness and currency, and management of the empire in general.

Faith could be the third one, dealing with religion, devoutness to all that is good, and also holy magic.

For the Evil alignment, it could go like this;

Death serves in necromancy and evil magic alike.

Chaos serves in corrupting the world, spreading evil and chaos. It improves the combat effectiveness of troops in effort to vanquish enemies. It could also help in summoning magic.

Plague can serve in disease and some miscellaneous upgrades possibly involving corruption and disease.

The neutral policies, as mentioned before, could be available to everyone, regardless of alignment. They are pretty much self-explanatory, as they are pretty much there to fill the gap in between evil and good. Neutral races can also have access to every policy, although that idea may seem a bit imbalanced, as mentioned before.

Magic serves in the schools of magic and possibly research.

Combat serves in discipline, honor, and combat bonuses.

Currency serves in trade and income.

These are extremely basic and broad ideas I really just came up with, which could use some tuning and fixing. The idea of certain policies being locked for others serves to remind the player of what he serves for, Good or Bad.

All in all, as said, basic scratched up ideas, but it's just my small idea list. Good luck with the mod, and hopefully you recieve the support you deserve along the journey. I do wonder if you are working alone on this, however. (Aside from giving ideas)
    Last edited by Frozenepic; 02-16-2015 at 07:09 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast