Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum

WBC 2 crashes during skirmish

My WBC2 game crashes during skirmish fights and doesn' save the progress. Once I have already won the fight, gained level, but when I wanted put some units in retinue, the game crashed. When I returned, the progress again wasn't saved and new level was lost! I tried to set compatibility settings, it didn't work for me. Hope you could help me!
    PS Windows 7

It almost sounds like an issue with the HeroData.xcr file tell me do you have a folder in your C:\Users\You\My Documents\Warlords Battlecry II if you don't create one. I know Warlords Battlecry II hero's level up at the end of the battle so the game would be looking to update your hero data. It has subfolders as well "Custom AI" , "Saved Games", "Music", "HeroData", "CustomUnitAI", "Scenario", "CustomUnitAI". Create the sufolders as well to be sure.

I have checked Warlords Battlecry II folder and it seems that I have all subfolders you listed and also HeroData.xcr. Moreover, I can play campaign battles and my hero gets levels from them. Maybe the problem is connected with some skirmish settings?

OK so it's working good on campaign mode now that's a stumper. I'm not sure skirmish should be too much different at all so perhaps it's just a hardware / software issue. You are playing using Windows 7 Home or Premuim ? I know Windows 7 Home edition has underlyng combatibility issues with older XP games. The Premium has the virtual computer option so they work better. Perhaps try running it as the adminstrator to see if that works.

Warlords Forever
    Home of the 1035 Mod for Warlords Battlecry 3
    I also make indiegames under the name BelowZeroGames