Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 103 B Version

103 B Version

Hello I decided I should post this topic for everyone to see as I seem to be posting replies all over the place and I'm like a dog chasing his own tail. So here it goes....
    While creating the 1035 Mod for Warlords Battlecry 3 I chose to make the mod run alongside the original game so the mod would just read off the graphics.xcr etc and all the side packs and it would have it's own system35.xcr etc. But in doing so I added addition feature packs, portrait slots and some terrain sets and Kharn created some more awesome terrain sets that I used for my maps. So when I put all that stuff in there the original game would crash due to all the addition stuff so it was I created 103B which is just a build using the base code with the limits for terrain, portraits, and features all increased so basically a moddable version of 1.03.

WHAT IS 103 B

Game version 1.03
    - Tile limit increase
    - Feature pack increase
    - Custom portrait slots

Download Link

How to update your game from 1032 whatever
    1) Download 103B
    2)Back up / rename the following files
    C:Whatever....\Warlords Battlecry 3\ English \ Game.txt
    C:\Whatever...Warlords Battlecry 3\ Assets\Heroes\Portaits.xcr
    C:\Whatever...Warlords Battlecry 3\PatchData.xcr
    Unzip 103B into the C:\Whatever...Warlords Battlecry 3 Folder
    Run the game from Battecry IIIb.exe
    You can rename your other BattlecryIII.exe and Rename BattlecryIIIb.exe if you wanna run the game from your usual shortcut.
    Run compatability wizard to make sure the game loads as Windows XP 2nd Edition

And also ......
    So for anyone who has gotten an older 2009 version of my mod for some reason should just swap that old version out for this one and if you want download the latest and better version of my mod. In 2009 I made a fundamental change in the mod I changed the icon with the big words MOD on it so there is no confusion I also now did further separation by making my own graphix.xcr which means I no longer overwrite the games menu screens. The mod was created as a recreation activity and like all mods is optional.

And Finally
    There is no reason not to try all version of the game available Just simple copy the entire C:/Program Files/ Warlords Battlecry 3 folder and make a SECOND copy of the game on your hard drive. It's not really a big deal in this day and age with the GB hard drives we have today. And then just patch that one to whatever version 10324 or 10325 . Then manually make your shortcuts just naming them by version.

Anyway hope this thread is helpful to everyone out there
    Warlords Forever!
    Last edited by ahatch; 11-30-2016 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Instructions how to Down Patch

Warlords Forever
    Home of the 1035 Mod for Warlords Battlecry 3
    I also make indiegames under the name BelowZeroGames

Hi. I have a question about the last official patch 1.03. On GOG forums there's follwing info:

Unofficial patch was added soon after release to fix broken game (it was assumed that the original devs botched it when they removed DRM/made downloadable version as game was broken in ALL DD services it was available). The problem is that all random events in the game like spell chance critical hits...etc is broken. Nothing will happen unless it's 100% sure to happen. This makes most spells useless as well as all random items since all you get is a Ring of Elven Greed no matter how many chests you open.

Is this right? Is 1.03 unplayable?
    Last edited by Rodor; 04-20-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Well the 1.03 with the elven ring of greed bug is unplayable from what I gather not sure because I never played it since I always had the original game with the original patch (disk detection). And if anyone wants THE original 1.03 vanilla I could provide that as well since I have the original code and it takes me about 5 minutes to compile it.
    One thing I would recommend to ALL fans and get your hands on the original game with the ORIGINAL disks (the ones made in 2004) look for them on Ebay. They can't be that much by now.

Warlords Forever

So does it mean that 1.03B works smooth, and all random events work as they have to, and all chests are full of various treasures, right?
    "He who is in man, and He who is in the Sun, are One" (Taittiriya Upanishad)

1.03B (and the original disc version of 1.03) should work fine on pretty much all versions of Windows.

103B is stable Folks over at GOG can downgrade to the 1.03 there and then just patch it with this I guess. Maybe I need to go buy a copy of the game over there just to see what they are doing

Warlords Forever

I have been in contact with GOG but have to say as usual not too much understanding from the gaming community as a whole. Good to see that they have it all fixed on their own though.

Warlords Forever

Quote Originally Posted by ahatch View Post
    as usual not too much understanding from the gaming community as a whole
    "When a hundred men stand together, each of them loses his mind and gets another one" (Nietzsche)

It also increases the random map data file limits, but I'm certain I'm the only person who will actually make use of that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast