Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Lightning damage on Knight Lords seems unnecessary to me with Inquisitors doing lightning damage. Too much overlap, IMO - I'd rather they just be overall better units. Crushing damage Champions would be great, though. Especially if they were really heavy hitters with slow attack speed, similar to Stone Golems. I also think regular Knights should be a bit weaker but quite a bit faster so they can serve as strong early-mid game map control/raiders, which should help with the massively lopsided Knight economy. Those tweaks would give the three Knight cavalry some inherent personality. Personally I almost strictly make Champions; regular Knights are obviously not as impactful when taking army limit into consideration, but a full host of Knight Lords is a pretty impractical dream with their insane production time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleknight View Post
    sure it can, just need to use a blue filter on the sword in photoshop...takes maybe 6 hours to do all the frames.
    The Knight Lord will be fine, no problem with that , but I was referring to the Knight Champion and Crushing damage via a mace.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
    Lightning damage on Knight Lords seems unnecessary to me with Inquisitors doing lightning damage. Too much overlap, IMO - I'd rather they just be overall better units.
    That overlap shouldn't exist so much since the Inquisitor got thrown into the level 5 keep, but it could potentially be tricky . I think the change in damage type may really help to differentiate between the Knights though, otherwise they'll all just do Slashing which sucks a bit .

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
    Knights should be a bit weaker but quite a bit faster so they can serve as strong early-mid game map control/raiders
    Speeding that Knight up sounds like an awesome idea . Perhaps it could lose the weird resistance/vulnerability thing going on with it too (possibly resistance to Slashing or Crushing and vulnerable to Fire or Electrical?).

I'm wondering whether a lot of the cavalry should be sped up or not. Some cavalry tends to go slower than standard foot units (or at least not much faster).

Isn't speed exponential? I remember discussing it way back when. Apparently the speed difference changes per point of speed, to the point that anything above say...14 speed isn't that much unless you go to extremes.

I know it's probably a coding nightmare, but maybe a spell ability for cavalry that boosts speed by 4 and makes it linear progression for like 5 sec?

What I don't understand is if Speed tapers off past 14, why do Lizard Riders have 20 Speed? Maybe it would be good if all Cavalry got nearly +4-10 Speed or something (I'm wondering if that may be enough to distinguish between cavalry and infantry).

30 is the highest value speed can go to. Although units (well, Heroes) can go higher, it still counts as only being 30.

In pre 1.03 versions, there were no limit to speed, but this caused crazy problems for stupidly fast Heroes which many people referred to as time traveling - where a Hero would run past a dedicated position but still counted as not actually arriving to that spot. This led a Hero model to be briefly else where to where it actually was.

Some of this still exists today and can occasionally be seen upon saving and reloading a map while a unit is moving.
    Last edited by Kharn; 03-30-2014 at 03:32 PM.

While selecting my class i've found this new one called "x"
    Its skills are Mighty Blow, Elemental Resistence, Magic Resistence, Swiftness and Ferocity.
    Why the name is like this? Is it supposed to be some kind of anti-magic build?

classlistwb3custompatch.jpgxheroskill.jpgxheroskill1.jpg

That's the Monk. Did you install 1.03.2, 1.03.23 or 1.03.24 before installing 1.03.25? If not I'd highly recommend installing a previous unofficial version before installing 1.03.25 because there have been problems patching from 1.03 such as this one. The installation instructions on the WBC3 Wiki or in the 1.03.25 patch's download should help.

There's a text file in the english folder that you can edit WBC3HeroSelection.txt , Check on it for the classes and put Monk right after Sage

Warlords Forever
    Home of the 1035 Mod for Warlords Battlecry 3
    I also make indiegames under the name BelowZeroGames

Thank you both for your answers
    now i feel a bit ashamed for having NOT read the proper instruction first time :/
    i thought that patch was big enought to have the previous in lol my bad

so if i use Anyto10323 and then the 10325 i should be ok?

edit: btw it's always me with NONFB account
    Last edited by Vargas Velasques; 08-09-2014 at 07:12 AM. Reason: meheh

Btw, i solved through installing the previous patch before this last and it worked well, now i can see the monk to be selected instead of x

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast