Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic, Ahatch - thank you!
    And this comes at a great time, too, as I've just started playing WBC3 again and am feeling creative and more practical minded than usual, even to the point where I may actually start modeling things!

However, you site doesn't seem to be working for me.

*edit*

Never mind - now it is
    Last edited by Kharn; 03-09-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahatch View Post
    Maybe just load your map in the editor on one of those exes and save as a different name. See if that works
    still dosnt work should i upload the map to see if it works for u? cause if it does then maybe my games the problem
    Last edited by Kimmy; 03-09-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Ya sure just upload it I'll have a look

Warlords Forever
    Home of the 1035 Mod for Warlords Battlecry 3
    I also make indiegames under the name BelowZeroGames

heres my map it crashes for me always around the 4 min mark
    Attached Files Attached Files

That map is pretty intense my game crashed about 3 minutes as well I'm gonna take the lairs out and try it again , I've made my share of item maps and I've seen this crash before

Warlords Forever

Well I tried a few different things without success first I disabled all emitters, and ambient animations to save memory and removed the lairs. I had tried the map a few times lasting about 5 - 6 minutes at the longest . Was attacking the one side pretty good and was just getting the mithral upgrade when it crapped out on me So much going on casters casting light / darkness , sunshine LOL and I was playing it on my ol XP WBCIII machine so no excuses

Warlords Forever

It looks like there's still a limit to the number of buildings allowed on the map at once, and on that map (which contains a lot of pre-placed buildings) you can easily hit the building limit with Emperor AI's.

You can prove this by making a test map which has as many buildings as you can place down in the editor, then start the game. As soon as you try to place down another building - it crashes.

In that particular map, If you rush the AI and prevent them from making their base too large, as well as allowing them to destroy your Ramparts, you can circumvent this problem by preventing that building limit from being reached.
    It's almost like an entirely new game mode: "Land Domination" - The enemy wins the scenario if they reach a considerable sized base.
    Last edited by Kharn; 03-10-2014 at 01:04 PM.

hmm guess ill have to remake the map smaller and maybe just vs 3 emperors lol
    hmm the 5v1 i guess isnt too bad if you disable 2 or at least dumb them down to prince or so lol then i guess match can last
    Last edited by Kimmy; 03-10-2014 at 08:44 PM.

I would recommend setting 2 of them to Rampant and use "Give Some Armies" events to give them units throughout the map. Of course, they'll still need at least 1 building somewhere on the map to stop them from being defeated between waves of enemies spawned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharn View Post
    Of course, they'll still need at least 1 building somewhere on the map to stop them from being defeated between waves of enemies spawned.
    - or use Triggered Victory Condition in TPC
    With the import tools in WBC3, we can do it in under 5 minutes... but how to use the tools properly is secret known only to myself, Janeen, and a few ancient monks cloistered in cave somewhere in northern Latvia

Cheers

Steve
    I always had something of a monk in me. Now I know.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast