Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum

Zhur does not load

Hi all, this is my first time on this forum but I have a problem.

My game doesn't start the 'Land Upon Zhur' map. The loading stops at 100% and stays there.

I have the game with the latest patch, including the unofficial patches and I noticed that the CampaignScenario folder does not have any 'Zhur' related files.

I remember that many years ago I had no problems with the map. IIRC, it was full of lava and Undead.

What should I do? Where can I get these files? They were supposed to be in one of the patches.

You should do increment patches, not just get the latest one. Start with 1.02 and go up from there, I think 1.03 was the one that adds Zhur and the new buildings.

Edit: Here is the official patch page:

http://www.enlight.com/wbc3/download_files.htm

And I had a hard time finding the unofficial patches

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/4753

I take no responsibility to the validity of those patches. Your best bet is just catch GOG.com with wbc 3 on sale for 3-5 bucks, comes pre-patched and typically works on new systems.
    Last edited by Nobleknight; 11-25-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Thank you!

I installed 1.03 again into a different folder. From there, I copy-pasted the C_ZhurCaverns.SCN, C_ZhurLanding.SCN and C_ZhurLiche.SCN files into the game's CampaignScenario folder and it worked!

This game never gets old.

There's also a bug with Zhur, where the third map for the location is actually the first one again. This can be easily fixed with the use of a simple XCR editor and then modifying Campaign.xcr. Just change the name of the map listed in "ACT_ZhurCavens.act" to "MAP_ZHURCAVERNS". Fortunately, all the Zhur content is at the very bottom of the XCR file, so it's easy to find.

I could never play Zhur.

My version is 1.035 and bought the game at Gamersgate.