Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've still not tried TPC on the laptop, well i play it at the main pc. Basically i'm doing all this to test all the mods without deleting previous ones (yours is exception since it's standalone, of which i'm REALLY GRATEFUL).
    Yet if you do a search you can notice many people still play at 4:3 resolutions, i'm wondering if i'm one of the few lucky who got the 16:9... if i manage to know HOW i got it on 2 pc out of 3, and to have it even on the third one i will let you know...

SOLVED!!!
    In these two threads people were talking about this same problem,

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17969
    http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12361

and the solution offered was a reg tweak to Enable Overscan Compensation

since i dunno how to edit the registry to lock or unlock such feature of the video card i've found a file

http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDow...oad-38172.html

BUT i dunno if those tweaks to activate or unactivate the overscan compensation work since i simply

screenreswidechange.jpg

opened the video card setup > set desktop proportions and asked full screen (not the perspective ratio or the no proportions at all, if you look at the arrow despite the non-english language it will be clear)

This screen was not taken on the laptop where i did this manual fix. Here is where battlecry works with widescreen normally. Probably because the ratio is not applied at the whole gpu (which i believe force all the games to do the same setting as you choose there) but at the screen only (if this makes sense).
    However just apply fullscreen ratio on gpu and it forces the game to go widescreen as the screen itself (full).

If you want to ask me why i told you even the first part where i did search forums and had to found the tweaks myself just to have the enlightnment to force the setup through the video card... well... it's to share my painful last hour .

REEEEGARDS -_- someone just kill me please.
    Last edited by Vargas Velasques; 08-14-2014 at 09:12 PM.

Would I be right in assuming that with this "widescreen" stuff enabled, WBC3 still wont support horizontal resolutions more than 1600 and vertical resolutions more than 1024?

I don't think so, for example, even though i can select 1600 x 1024 (once, but crashed... now i can't see it anymore... ODD) i prefer not to risk any crash... and as you said (if i got it correctly) a bigger monitor gets a better chances to have the 1600 x 1024 and to work with it without problems. Maybe the new gog version has less problem on running that resolution.

I remember now, no one of my fhd monitors can get wb3 to run (or even see the option) 1600x1200
    Wb2 has it BUT it crashes... so i thought (before reading your previous post in 2013) that option was lift off on purpose... honestly i don't know how to fix this... but maybe you can try to solve it same way as i did for the wide. You could create a custom setting for wb3 only in your video card control panel (still, i've never seen custom resolution settings or monitor adjustment for single games only in mine :/)
    Last edited by Vargas Velasques; 08-15-2014 at 01:56 PM.

I believe it may be down to the video output. When I couldn't run 1600x1024, I was using a HD TV and thus was using a HDMI port. But when I got my new monitor, I had to use a DVI port to get that 1600x1024 resolution.

As my graphics card had never changed and both the TV and monitor can support the 1600x1024 resolution (I was using it for Puzzle Quest) then I believe it must be the port types.

Hardwares (expecially monitors and port and cables) are not exactly my field of expertise :P
    I wonder how many other people got that high resolution

I have 1920x1080 bx2250 Samsung monitor and connected using hdmi and I always see all resolutions but only 10xxX8xx works best as it is 21.5 inch things become too small and when I get larger display they might be usable for me again. oh I am using windows 7 64 bit ultimate using windows xp sp3 on compatibility disabled high dpi , disabled desktop composition and using last unofficial patch which gog people gives out.

you might want to try over riding scaling of games or disabling it or try monitor scaling or gpu scaling they might affect how the game view the machine setup as whole. Also disabling high dpi is needed to show all resolution in-game otherwise game might not detect correct resolution dpending on os and game's interaction. most of these things are becoming problematic with windows 8,8.1 and windows 10 so it is headache for us gamers and the devs.

WBC3 1.04 Widescreen beta patch will solve these issues. Download at: http://heythere.coffee/wbc3/
    With the import tools in WBC3, we can do it in under 5 minutes... but how to use the tools properly is secret known only to myself, Janeen, and a few ancient monks cloistered in cave somewhere in northern Latvia

Cheers

Steve
    I always had something of a monk in me. Now I know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12