Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Well it isn't easy and I just used Anim8tor(Free download) to do my stuff and it took me a while to be okay ( I modeled alot of stuff twice / three times over) at it and I'm still learning to this day. You can use Blender as well it has much better bells and whistles but it's interface isn't all that user friendly. Start slow and just try to enjoy the process, do some good tutorials practice and model. If you are just modeling and not taking on anything else you should get pretty good in time.

Warlords Forever
    Home of the 1035 Mod for Warlords Battlecry 3
    I also make indiegames under the name BelowZeroGames

Where be Mick Roberson when you need him?
    wizzo2@comcast.net

In my younger days I got the girl and took her here

And for those who are UN aware, I bring this scroll from many Dark Days: http://warlordsunderground.tripod.com/HoF.html

I have yet to make any 3D model for WBC3 outside of my Blender3D test to ensure I can match the game's scene. But I really want to make some models for the next version of The Protectors - I had actually planned to do some for 0.8.7 but spent too much time on the quest system as every quest in the game had to be updated to reflect the new changes.

Hopefully my desire will come true and inspire me to make more models, but I really need to be in the mood, otherwise it'll feel like a chore and I won't do a good job. Currently all my interest is on the Random Map Generator, so doing anything else won't yield good results.

But yeah - getting the models right isn't easy. It's not just as straight forward as making a model. You'll need to get the scene right (unit placement, lightning and shadows), arrange all the sprites, modify the palette to contain the important colours and that they are in the correct index and finally set up the unit data correctly (although I2's official tool will do this for you).

Yes the preproccessing is the real part where I could see a lot of folks just walking away from it. It is tedious and you have to be in the mood. I hope you guys at some point go through the process and make something and with that maybe there will be a better appreciation for what it takes to actually do it. I done all my art for my indie games it's much easier to fit your own art into a game. When I did my Gnolls Race I was pretty fast at putting it all together and to complete one unit but I had done many by that time. I look at the mod and I remember all the different versions of each unit and there's a few original ones left. If I was to do all again with the expectation that the unit would HAVE to look as good as the unit in the game from the start then it would have been highly unlikely that I would have ever made it to this point.

Warlords Forever

Well today I done a little update to the Gnoll Race nothing spectacular but the first time I've done anything in a couple years with it. Looking at the game I noticed a couple errors I made in appending xcr files so I reverted back to the original effects1.xcr and moved all my stuff that I appended to effects35.xcr. I'm just gonna look everything over good and try to fix any bugs I find. I'm kinda in a gamedev rut so I need something to keep me busy until I start another project.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ahatch; 01-31-2017 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Added more update info

Warlords Forever

Well it's been a long time since I done any work on my mod but I'm between gamedev projects and I spent this weekend with one single goal and that is to get rid of the crash that has plagued my mod since adding the spheres of magic in 2009. I have a new beta version of the mod titled Wizards Reach the new update you simply unzip it in the folder with the old mod. You will need to rename your HeroData35.xcr file as there are some changes. The big change is Light Magic (The old Common Sphere ) is gone and replaced by a new hero skill Wizards Reach. The new skill gives your hero a ranged attack with range upgrades. The items35.xcr and Game35.txt and spells35.txt are the only changed files so it's a small update. It's not a huge update but early testing aka pressing that spell book button a 100 times it looks promising. I looked over the code and done many different builds to try to leave the mod as it was but in the end I wanted to have a more stable mod and the ranged attack was the cool thing about the Light Magic Sphere is still there with this new skill.
    Hope all is well and have a great day.
    WR3.jpgWR2.jpgWR1.jpg

Warlords Forever

Cool! (Although those pictures appear too small for me to be able to see them properly) It's always good to see WBC3 and its mods live on, especially since that's the only real way it can live on!

Ya the thumbnails are pretty tiny here I did post the same screenshots on my blog I wrote on the update. Folks wanting to try the update can download the link on my previous post but I've already updated the whole mod with it as testing has gone real well.

Warlords Forever

OgreKeep5.jpg
    NewOgrekeeps.jpg
    Done some new Ogre Keeps up this week nothing special but kinda fun

Warlords Forever

Ahatch, you have too many PMs and cannot accept any more.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast