Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    What version of Windows are you using as you may have to set your compatibility mode to Windows XP 2nd Edition for it to work that will likely clean up most of the problems you are having. Your original game though should not be affected as the MOD has it's own files and only shares a couple XCR's with the game.The hero data in the mod is different to .The mod makes a NEW herodata file called Herodata35.xcr so don't mess with your original Herodata.xcr file.

Warlords Forever
    Home of the 1035 Mod for Warlords Battlecry 3
    I also make indiegames under the name BelowZeroGames

Thanks. Windows 7 I have. Im checking that compatibility thing now. I thought it said it you had version 4 you should rename your herodata.

Compatibility with Windows XP Sevice Pack 2 works with the pre-version 5 game but not the version-5 game. Do I need to delete my version 4 so the version 5 works or upgrade to windows xp service pack 3?

Oh you have version 4 oh now I get it , First you need to rename your old HeroData35.xcr since the hero data is all different now as I added a race which changes all the values and you will just have to rerun compatibility mode as you did with version 4 and everything should work fine. Each time you change the exe Windows will not save your compatabilty settings from the old exe.

Warlords Forever

I tried to run it as wndows xp service pack 2 says incompatible application?

I tried to run it with windows service pack 2. set comaptibility function like last time, I think. No good, it says incompatible application. Is there anyway to make this version 5 function like version 4 did? Im getting a little scared that my favorite game will never work.

I am running it on my laptop with version 5 and windows 7 but I will reinstall the whole thing and see if I get the same issue.

Warlords Forever

When I started over I got the same stuff as you . BattlecryIIIb loaded nicely though so not sure what the issue is.

Warlords Forever

Ok so doesnt that mean there is a solution?

It was working for you before so what changed to make it not work between the first time you downloaded version 5 and the second time? I apologize for making you lose your access to version five. Thanks so much for your help the gaming forums are never usually as helpful or responsive as you are. Thanks again. Why would there be a compatibility issue for me and you now but when you installed it first? Are multiple versions of the mod fighting with each other or something like that?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...e-in-windows-7
    I can still play my mod on my old desktop actually my modding machine with XP looking at above article but see I have the wrong version of windows myself but maybe this article will help you

Warlords Forever

No it has nothing to do with the multiple versions I changed version 5 in a couple areas from version 4 so the issue is a Windows issue. I just was able to load the tutorial but had invisible units.

Warlords Forever

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast