Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Cool 1035 MOD For Warlords Battlecry 3 Version 5

http://www.warlordsforever.ca

Warlords Battlecry 3 1035 Mod Version 5

Good day everyone I am pleased to announce the release of the latest version of my mod with this being my fifth
    major update since I started out.

MOD OVERVIEW

For those that don't know the mod I started in 2008 and released 3 major updates the first year with each having
    a new playable side added first the Ogres followed by the Goblins and then the Dragons. One year later I followed
    with version 4 which focused on the addition of 3 spheres of magic. The goal of the project has been to add additional features to the original game starting from 1.03 so no big changes were made to the original races, classes etc.

ORIGINAL ART WORK

One of the features has also been the fact I have used my own art in the addition of units, buildings etc. In doing
    so I have given myself no creative limitations as to what I can add. The art has come some ways since the original
    clunky looking goblin/ogre units of 2008.

MOD RUNS ALONGSIDE FULL VERSION

The other focus has been to make the mod run alongside the original game so along the way I created the 103B
    version of the original game. This allows the player return to the original game with the addition of extra terrain, feature packs and more hero portraits.By doing this it makes the mod more compact.

GNOLLS ARE BORN

Last spring I got back into modding a bit and started overhauling the original Goblin units. Basically the Goblins received a complete graphics overhaul and the Ogres received an update as well. It was just after this that the Gnolls began and I put this race together over a period of a few months both in code and the art. Alas I got to the point that I got them
    working well enough to share so here they are.

VERSION 5 DETAILS

The addition of a new playable side an opponent the Gnolls. The race features some new units with some unique
    abilities.Those that have not played the mod in some time will notice that the menus got overhaul last spring as well as
    all the art updates.

WHAT NEXT

Work will continue at the current pace with updates at a slower rate as I have switched focus. But the enjoyment
    of creating things will always be there so keep your eyes out for future updates to this project.

HOW TO INSTALL MOD

Simply download zip file and copy to the Program Files/enlight/infinite interactive/warlords battlecry III folder extract archive there.

Warlords Forever
    Home of the 1035 Mod for Warlords Battlecry 3
    I also make indiegames under the name BelowZeroGames

I am not somewhere, nor nowhere. I just am...
    Good job! Gnoll units look impressive!

I'm gonna download this right away!

Graphics have definitely improved (really like the looks of gnoll units). Also love The Amazing Ants game. (Claudiu Moga's music is bad-ass)
    Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller; 02-24-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    With the import tools in WBC3, we can do it in under 5 minutes... but how to use the tools properly is secret known only to myself, Janeen, and a few ancient monks cloistered in cave somewhere in northern Latvia

Cheers

Steve
    I always had something of a monk in me. Now I know.

erm... upon installing Dwarflands over it, the game crashes at 90% in the battle loading screen.
    also
    New site is fancy (like all wix sites) but lacks a guestbook or any means of allowing feedback.
    With the import tools in WBC3, we can do it in under 5 minutes... but how to use the tools properly is secret known only to myself, Janeen, and a few ancient monks cloistered in cave somewhere in northern Latvia

Cheers

Steve
    I always had something of a monk in me. Now I know.

Thanks Just updated Dwarflands archive it had some ol exes in there from version 4. Ya the site will get some plugins yet it's pretty plain.

Warlords Forever

I had a little play around last night with the Gnoll race and as a Goblin hero. Those Gnoll mages slaughter everything! But what's that occasional frost effect that appears around them from time to time and last for like a minute? At first I thought an enemy hero had used some kind of new spell on them, but the same thing appeared later on, when all enemy heroes were dead.

There were 4 things that caught my attention (3 of which are bugs).

1. You appear to be using the older Kharn Paks. (Kharn Pak1, Kharn Pak2DC.) These were updated some time ago and separated into specifically themed packs, making it easier for the mapper to know what sort of tiles are in the packs. You may want to use those instead of the old Kharn Pak 1 / Kharn Pak2DC, if not for the new tiles, then for the ease of access for getting the specific type of tiles you want when mapping. They can be found on WBC3Stuff, or if you have downloaded Patrick's mod, then you can get them from there. (Although the grass pack will be updated some time this week.)

2. There's a bug with the WBC imports features pack, which has been these since the day it was first made - Imports.en lists the good obelisk twice instead of listing the evil one for the second option, thus preventing the mapper from using that feature. This can be edited by the end user (so anyone reading this who are using the WBC imports features pack, regardless of what mod it came with, can change it for themselves) by opening imports.en with notepad and changing the ID of the second obelisk to FSO1, from FSO0. This can be found on line 66.
    Example for those who are unfamiliar with this, the green text is what to change.

<Feature id="FSO0" icon="0" delay="0" frame1="0" name="Obelisk #2"/>

3. This next one is my fault. The Frostbat is referenced as Frostbat in all forms of help text across the game, except for the main interface name - where it's named Ice Bat. Before its release, I was toying around with its name and I missed a line to change in the text strings.txt file. However, I did actually discover this the day after I initially released it and corrected it. So, did Google Chrome choose to upload a cached version instead of using the newly selected one? Or did you download the Frostbat not long after I first uploaded it? Either way the Frostbat's name is inconsistent.

4. The top of screen help text box says Gnoll infantry have the ability "Slashing", when they actually have an electric attack.

Just those 4 minor things, other than that, keep up the good work. It's always fun to play with new things! Also, do you have plans for any other new races, such as Giants?
    Last edited by Kharn; 02-25-2013 at 04:04 PM.

1.I will look into updating the Kharn Pacs these are the ones I have on my main testing machine with all the boats maps. Newcomers who download the mod minus these can't use the maps.
    2.Fixed this just now and am updating archive as I post this
    3.Changed name in Names35.txt should be good now
    4. This is my bad I made a change to the units origin and forgot to update the damage type. This also affects Werewolf who has slashing damage as well. Those who downloaded the mod already just unzip this in the Assets/Sides folder and overwrite XCR. Updating main archive right now for those that happened got the mod yet
    Frost Bat is awesome BTW ....

More updates are planned likely redo some avatars and do some new ones as well if anyone has any ideas for avatars send them my way
    Last edited by ahatch; 02-25-2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Uploading Fixes

Warlords Forever

Youre mod really looks fascination. In case i just own the german game. Is it possible to play with the german game? are there any translations fixes?

My game always crashes in loading screen, while loading goblins...maybe someone know how to fix it

yours greetings
    John

Hey John
    The Mod doesn't work with the German version of the game maybe I can put something together yet though to get it to work I did put out a German Version for version 4 but got 0 feedback on how it actually worked. The game has an English folder which holds all the essential files (Game35.txt) ect and the side packs all have an associated .en file. There is also some hard coding likely that would also be required I will have a look at it yet. I will upload the old geman version 4 I put together and pm you a link.
    -Andy

Warlords Forever

Hey Andy,

thx for the fast reply. i would really appreciate sending me youre old german version, so i can give you some feedback on the changes and on youre mod itsself. if theres any help needed in case of german language or somethin, i would be really pleased to help

thx for helping out
    Last edited by John Sinclair; 03-18-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast