Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Need news frequently!

Hello this is my first post and i would like to let dev team to know that more we know about new game more hype will grow up before game is released. I personally have loved wbc and puzzle quest series, but we need more info even if its early and probably affected by changes. I know bunch of people who think that its over for wbc and puzzle quest, but i think early news that tell us what to expect will get them hyped up . I myself love to look news about game producing heh.

I am not somewhere, nor nowhere. I just am...
    I agree to this a little. There should be a developer's blog somewhere.

maybe a few bread crumbs here and there. I mean, hearing that Infinite interactive has planned to produce more games in the future nearly put me over the moon ! i mean, ANY news would be fantastic !

bump, but seriously im excited already even when i don't know what to expect lol

Nothing seems to be happening.. It's a shame really WBC / warlords has an amazing community of fans who could help create a buzz for the release, something clearly the devs struggled with last time so can only assume that WBC4 is a pipe dream that will never happen..

I second all of this! Warlords has been part of my life since I was seven years old, and many of the memories I have playing both the Warlords and Warlords Battlecry series are memories I cherish. Not only that, i 've loved what you and your team have done, with games like Puzzle Quest proving to be such a pleasant surprise. Steve, you and your team are geniuses of an artform, and I look forward to hearing news of your work. Though personally I want a WBC game to arrive, anything about the geniuses from infinite Interactive would suffice for me.

It would be nice to hear something, yes. Indies thrive on communication and community, I2.

Haha, I hear ya Sly!

I agree with you too.
    I guess I'm kinda old-school about some stuff though... we're working pretty hard on our new game(s), but I want us to have something really meaty to show you guys before we give some serious status-updates. Otherwise it seems like we're full of hot air, and just leading you all along.

We should definitely try to be better with this stuff though. It's the curse of the small indie team really - we have so much work to do that community tasks get neglected, but if we DO some awesome stuff for you guys, our work goes a little slower.

Cheers
    -Steve

Wahoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Fawkner View Post
    ... we're working pretty hard on our new game(s), but I want us to have something really meaty to show you guys before we give some serious status-updates. Otherwise it seems like we're full of hot air, and just leading you all along.
    It's quite admirable of you and i feel it's the most reasonable long term mind-set to have. I shall await with baited breath of further news from I2!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Fawkner View Post
    Haha, I hear ya Sly!

I agree with you too.
    I guess I'm kinda old-school about some stuff though... we're working pretty hard on our new game(s), but I want us to have something really meaty to show you guys before we give some serious status-updates. Otherwise it seems like we're full of hot air, and just leading you all along.

We should definitely try to be better with this stuff though. It's the curse of the small indie team really - we have so much work to do that community tasks get neglected, but if we DO some awesome stuff for you guys, our work goes a little slower.

Cheers
    -Steve
    This is exactly why we hired a dedicated community manager at Torn Banner. I used to take it upon myself to go through every forum thread and at least skim it and give a reply if I thought it was necessary, but when we started seeing upwards of 400+ posts per day... it became quite a task. Nobody expected the community to be as big as it ended up being and so the communication fell apart rather abruptly, but we realized what was happening, rectified it, and I think having that communication has been pretty key to keeping things together.

I know exactly where you're coming from on the wanting to have something to show thing, though - we do weekly updates on what we're currently working on, and a lot of the time there's nothing all that substantial to broadcast, so at first I found them a little pointless - but it's become clear people definitely appreciate just hearing about what's going on, even if it's "Pretty much more of the same". Also, threads like this could be really helpful to drop a response in just to clarify some stuff.

All that said, obviously the floodgates haven't really opened on the i2 forums (yet - I have a feeling once your next title releases and people realize you guys didn't actually drop off the face of the earth that will change) but it could be something to think about for the future. By the way, how large is your team right now, if you don't mind me asking? Did you lose anyone in the whole business with Firemint and EA?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast