Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Really wanted to give this mod a try (I think I recall playing a very early version of it at some point, but could be thinking of something else), but it doesn't want to run right on my PC. Running it on windows 7 with XP compatibility mode and getting very long load times and almost non-existent framerate ingame (it's like watching a slideshow). Any ideas?

I am not somewhere, nor nowhere. I just am...
    Virtual PC?

Or any Win XP simulators coulddo. But I don't have Win 7 and I don't know how it works.

You might want to try running it with just one CPU. When running the game go to task manager - processes, righclick theprotectors.exe - set affinity - uncheck all but one CPU. Hope this helps,

Patrick
    With the import tools in WBC3, we can do it in under 5 minutes... but how to use the tools properly is secret known only to myself, Janeen, and a few ancient monks cloistered in cave somewhere in northern Latvia

Cheers

Steve
    I always had something of a monk in me. Now I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Faestus View Post
    Virtual PC?

Or any Win XP simulators coulddo. But I don't have Win 7 and I don't know how it works.
    Don't have an installation CD for XP, and the free version of XP you get with Windows Virtual PC requires Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_the_Winekiller View Post
    You might want to try running it with just one CPU. When running the game go to task manager - processes, righclick theprotectors.exe - set affinity - uncheck all but one CPU. Hope this helps,

Patrick
    No luck, unfortunately.

I was sure I had downloaded this, ready to install/run, but I can't find it on my hard drive now. Hmm....
    Looks like I'll have to re-download it then.

And patrick can you give us detail about when will the protectors mod be completed and is it good to run with any race and good for multiplayer because i am downloading it now

Although there was a working plan, nowadays everyone works whenever they see fit. Thus, an approximate release date is impossible to establish. I suppose the best answer is Michelangelo's : When it is ready.

As for gameplay, it still needs more balancing, but we're heading that way (slowly but surely?)

I myself and a few other fans enjoy multiplayer as it is though.
    Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller; 02-16-2013 at 09:39 PM.
    With the import tools in WBC3, we can do it in under 5 minutes... but how to use the tools properly is secret known only to myself, Janeen, and a few ancient monks cloistered in cave somewhere in northern Latvia

Cheers

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
    Don't have an installation CD for XP, and the free version of XP you get with Windows Virtual PC requires Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate.

No luck, unfortunately.
    Is your original game working? Are the campaign intro videos (It was only a matter of time...) functioning in vanilla?

Cheers

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_the_Winekiller View Post
    Is your original game working? Are the campaign intro videos (It was only a matter of time...) functioning in vanilla?
    Yes and yes.

Patch 0.7.1 has been released. Download available via torrent for now, but soon to be uploaded to moddb and warlords.battlecry.fr

******************************** Patch 0.7.1 *************************************

*Added the AddCompanion command for in-game nis
    *Added the RemoveCompanion command for in-game nis
    *Fixed the temp hero bug of not receiving any APs
    *Fixed the invisible dark dwarf hero bug
    *Modified the first prologue mission to make it easier in difficulty
    *Added the peasant avatar for dialogues
    *Modified some prologue dialogues
    *Fixed hero blink spell crash
    *Can no longer travel when chapter prologue is completed
    *Fixed food deposits not updating acordingly (aka too many men from the start bug)
    *Starvation now decreases morale by 10. Documentation provided
    *Nerfed recruiting proficiency. Now offers +0.5 xp per hero level
    *Added popup help in HeroLevelUpSpells screen. Heroes reset
    *Your quest is about to expire notification now works properly
    *Changed Prologue button in main menu to Chapters
    *Modified help text
    *Spells gained from items and research now does not cause a crash
    *Fixed a bug regarding spells in the hero creation phase
    *Added new unit: burrowed (experimental)
    *Updated Kharn Pak - Rivers and Kharn Pak - Grass terrain files
    *Increased radius of the Plague Keep and Plague Pile on the oy axis
    *Disabled green bubbles near plague buildings
    *Added the Triceratops unit for the Ssrathi side
    *Triceratops stats modified
    *Daemons are no longer produced instantly at temples (unless leading Daemons)
    *Daemon stats modified
    *Heroes now gain 5AP per level
    *Spell level up now costs 2AP
    *Perk change now costs 5AP
    *Added popup help in HeroLevelUpPerks screen
    *Added nine more skirmish maps (Arena, Assault on Cerberus, Blundervale Castle, Desert Cliffs, Ghost Lake, Gobi's Valley, Harpy Food Island, Into the Void, Rock Bottom Classic)

Cheers

Steve

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast