Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Food System

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleknight View Post
    2. No more Population

This idea is simple if not a bit counter intuitive maybe...

Instead of a population stat, we would have pluses on the resource totals. It would be read something like:

Gold 1546 +16 Metal 876 +10 Stone 160 +5 Crystal 2000 X8

Guess our hypothetical race is playing a primitive race...

Anyway, the +NN on the resources is the amount that is being produced per second. The XNN on the crystal means that it's reached it's storage capacity and no more resources are being collected.

Now, we will build a unit... lets say a pikeman. The cost would be 10+3 gold, and 50+15 metal. The plus numbers would be hundredths of a resource per second. so the upkeep would be .03 of a gold, and .15 of a metal per second. These are placeholder numbers, the actual income vs upkeep balance would need testing.

The basic concept is you have no hard limit to units, but a soft one. Logically, given a capped resource storage limit, you would still have only so many units you could maintain.

Once you hit negatives on income, you'd start eating out of your reserves. Once your reserves are depleted, you'd start losing HP on your army relative to the negative upkeep until your peons died down or income increased to positives again. This would cause issues with healers... One solution would be to use the timers we now use for summons. Another would be that it depletes the keep HP instead of the unit hp. Maybe mine HP? Maybe deplete mines at exponential rate relative to the negatives?
    Thanks to NobleKnight, I managed to implement a new army cap system in TPC: The Food System. More on the devblog (with screenies): http://the-protectors.webs.com/apps/...rmined-by-food
    With the import tools in WBC3, we can do it in under 5 minutes... but how to use the tools properly is secret known only to myself, Janeen, and a few ancient monks cloistered in cave somewhere in northern Latvia

Cheers

Steve
    I always had something of a monk in me. Now I know.

I'm trying to download it for the second time, first time it got corrupted.

Which is weird since it's a torrent...

That is indeed weird. Other people managed to download and install it without any problems. Are you sure you are doing it right?

First you need to download and install 0.6 full on a different folder than the one of original wbc
    Then apply 0.6.1
    Then apply 0.6.2

Please let me now if you manage to get it to work this time.
    With the import tools in WBC3, we can do it in under 5 minutes... but how to use the tools properly is secret known only to myself, Janeen, and a few ancient monks cloistered in cave somewhere in northern Latvia

Cheers

Steve

I got it working this time... the data file was somehow corrupted, the .6 installer got half way through and gave an error.

Played one game so far, have an undead ranger (took the survey) and went random and ended up with dark elves... are they unfinished?

I managed to upload the full version (0.6) on ModDB for those of you who don't like torrent downloads. Check out the link on my signature.

NK, other than the knights and the undead, which require a little more tweaking, most of the races are "unfinished". We are dealing with this situation in 0.6.3

Cheers

Steve

Just uploaded a video presenting new terrain: pyramid interior. Check it out at: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-protec...dging-skeleton

Cheers

Steve

Version 0.7 FULL just released. Download it via torrent or moddb.

******************************** Patch 0.6.3 (unreleased) ************************

*Added extra text in Hero Creation screen
    *Crowns display now updates during campaign dialog
    *Moved the Guardian Skull to the undead panel in the editor
    *Pit now requires level 2 Doomspire
    *Updated help text on daemon race
    *Fixed some typos of the first chapter and prologue
    *Fixed some scenarios of the first chapter
    *Increased maximum army types to 500
    *Random items can now be stacked 4 in a chest just like the specific items could
    *Random items can be combined with specific items in a single chest using the editor
    *Fixed extra fey race bug
    *Fixed the Choose a Foe skill bug
    *Fixed The Forestmaster production cost
    *Huge Dragon no longer reduces armor. Has fire damage instead
    *Slightly tweaked some units to balance the game some more
    *The Skull can now be morphed from Skeleton
    *The Skull can no longer be produced at the Graveyard or Gravestone
    *Added the Morph to Skull button icon
    *Dwarf Lord can now be produced at the Armory instead of keep level 5
    *Implemented the new Army Limit system
    *Added Healing Fountain function
    *Fixed Ssrathi powerup icons
    *Slightly reduced Graphics.xcr size
    *AI heroes no longer have a +50% spellcasting chance bonus

******************************** Patch 0.7 *************************************

*Implemented the new leveling system. Heroes reset
    *Implemented the new spell system
    *Heroes can no longer level up in game (temporary)
    *Added the showno attribute for Addopt and Setopt nis command
    *Modified some campaign nis files
    *Added the Lichkings Lost Items item set
    *Resetting chapters now properly resets hero xp
    *Implemented the Chapter Intro button in the chapter selection screen
    *Added intro video for prologue chapter
    *Added a new soundtrack: Battlecry 1 Classic
    *Fixed the female Setroth bug
    *Fixed the reset chapter wrong hero bug
    *Added some help popups in chapter scenarios
    *Fixed the Robert twin bug
    *Added mission info in chapter scenarios
    *Added a new soundtrack: Puzzle Quest 1
    *Fixed a graphical glitch regarding the Campaign Dialog Screen
    *Added four more skirmish maps (Bay of Orcs, Brave New World, Red Canyon, Death Marshes)

Cheers

Steve

I am not somewhere, nor nowhere. I just am...
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_the_Winekiller View Post
    *Implemented the new leveling system. Heroes reset
    *Implemented the new spell system
    Very explicit.

You mentioned races are unfinished (except Undead and Knight). Did you finish the races in 0.7?
    Last edited by Faestus; 12-30-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faestus View Post
    Very explicit.

You mentioned races are unfinished (except Undead and Knight). Did you finish the races in 0.7?
    There will be articles posted explaining those. Also, you can read the description on moddb (or email if subbed). As for the races, a lot of them have been retweaked, but there is still some work to do (majorly on the side of the swarm).

Cheers

Steve

I am not somewhere, nor nowhere. I just am...
    Alas, but you haven't mentioned them anywhere so there is no chance of me to find out what you implemented in your mod without playing the race. Please list these changes somewhere so we may know what to expect.

By the way, if you skip the movie during the Dragon battle the game just crashes.

Also congrats on having Steven Hawking narrate the movies for you.
    Last edited by Faestus; 12-30-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast