Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    The old dwarven infantry unit is used as a special character in the story, but I suppose that's not a reason not to use it as a standard unit as well. Thanks for the suggestion.
    With the import tools in WBC3, we can do it in under 5 minutes... but how to use the tools properly is secret known only to myself, Janeen, and a few ancient monks cloistered in cave somewhere in northern Latvia

Cheers

Steve
    I always had something of a monk in me. Now I know.

IMO the old dwarven infantry just looks way more sturdy than the new one. If anything I'd say the new one should be the ranged unit and the old one the standard infantry. I actually liked that it was an elite, heavily defensive infantry in someone's mod... Faestus' probably?

Either way, old dwarf infantry was a really cool model and I never understood the change.

Side note: VIC is back so another direct download link for TPC 0.8.1 patch is available.
    With the import tools in WBC3, we can do it in under 5 minutes... but how to use the tools properly is secret known only to myself, Janeen, and a few ancient monks cloistered in cave somewhere in northern Latvia

Cheers

Steve

After a slight pause I'm back to this game! Wohoo! And I still feel it, it is awesome

Just played a Skirmish, i really like the starvation rules, feels very natural to WBC. And Kharn, your map Treasure Trove Cove is pretty cool indeed.

On a side note: i was very surprised about the "cheap" titan (for knights). Of course the real cost is the long building time...

Because of this I think it would be helpful to have some kind of "time-resource-cost" additional to the other resource costs to make that more apparent. Just something to add to your list

Just letting you know that version 0.8.2 is now available. Download here!

Changelog:

******************************** Patch 0.8.2 ***********************************

*Ranger's Guild now has rally point
    *corrected journal entries for chapter 3
    *All scout units now have -15 production time, +30 hp, +10 damage. Documentation updated
    *Fixed dwarf small icon graphical bug
    *Added description for Axe Throwing skill
    *All worker units now have +10 damage, +6 combat, +10 hp. Documentation updated
    *All infantry units now have -5 combat. Documentation updated
    *All units now have their production time halved. Documentation updated
    *Fixed Lichking's Lost Items set (finally)
    *Implemented the new game duration option for skirmish and campaign scenarios
    *Added custom portrait slots for every race
    *Increased memory usage by 2MB to fix too many units crashes
    *Fixed quest almost expired bug (hopefully)
    *Fixed bug where knightlord's death caused -2 morale (instead of -1)
    *Fixed some graphical glitches in the hero level up spells popup
    *Temporary Ritual skill is now taken into account when leveling up spells
    *Fixed some graphical glitches in the create hero popup
    *Added replayable scenario in Chapter 1
    *Added replayable scenario in Chapter 2
    *Increased terrain tile limit to 3000
    *Added WBC1 Terrain Pack
    *Added WBC2 Terrain Pack
    *Added 3 new skirmish maps (Lost City, Death Valley, Arnos Delta)
    *Modified chapter 2 scenarios
    *Added 3 dark elven female portraits for the daemon heroes
    *Extra Army Setup Points costs now depend on difficulty level
    *Item, mercenary, retinue, xp, companion, battle costs now depend on difficulty level
    *Crown rewards (battle or nis) now depend on difficulty level
    *Externalised General Perk Name strings for translated versions
    *Externalised some more quiz strings for translated versions
    *Fixed Tinman and Bronzeman mode not giving xp correctly
    *Implemented the new nis moddifier DNO. Documentation updated
    *Adapted some campaign dialogues
    *Modified some game strings
    *Adapted some campaign act files. Chapters reset
    *Fixed Chaos Dragon and Frostbat help text
    *Added campaign nis condition crownsdno#. Documentation updated
    *Raze Fest and Slug Fest may now be played with allies
    *Corrected Lord Melkor's interface image
    *Added one more sound file for the Reaper
    *Fixed bug where sound files for Squire, Dancing Sword, Unicorn and Warlord were not used

Cheers

Steve

Also, it seems that my email blast (webs.com) was not working properly and only a few registered users were receiving the announcements. From now on, I will be sending those emails personally. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers

Steve

VIC has uploaded TPC 0.8.2 on his site. Direct download other than moddb (which is faulty in some parts of the world) is now available!

Cheers

Steve

Started playing as of today. So far I have to say it looks great Just a question though: will I lose all my progress once a new full version is uploaded or when I patch the game with a new version?

Generally, yes, but there is a WARNING every-time in the description. I believe since 0.5 there have been only 2 or 3 patches that did not reset chapters & heroes.

Cheers

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by LennethX View Post
    On a side note: i was very surprised about the "cheap" titan (for knights). Of course the real cost is the long building time...

Because of this I think it would be helpful to have some kind of "time-resource-cost" additional to the other resource costs to make that more apparent. Just something to add to your list
    This is kinda of old news, but version 0.8.3 has the above feature for all units & buildings & research.

ALSO:

I finally managed to increase memory limit of units, buildings, items and features. This not only means you can add more things in the editor, but also some well known bugs got fixed like:

Crash in late game for having too many units on the map.
    Crash in xp maps for having too many chests on the map.
    Random huge maps not having features on half the map.
    And more...
    Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller; 07-03-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Cheers

Steve

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast