Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    A new version has been released (0.7.2) a few days ago. Changelog:

******************************** Patch 0.7.2 *************************************

*Fixed some typos in the Perks tab
    *Psychological power's radius(Fear, Awe, etc.) now shown when pressing 'r' (your units only)
    *Converting radius now shown when pressing 'r' for all units
    *Corrected dwarven mortar shooting animation. Credits to Kharn
    *Added new unit: Chaos Dragon. Credits to Kharn
    *Added new unit: Blue Mage. Credits to Kharn
    *Blue Mage now available for production at the Library
    *Blue Mage now casts Freeze and Ring of Ice
    *Call Sage spell now works as Raise Champion. Can choose from White, Red, Blue and Black Mages
    *Fixed free Sword of Sirian bug when using hotkey
    *Fixed free Wrath bug when using hotkey
    *Foxed free Chaos Plague bug when using hotkey
    *Fixed Trigger Victory Condition not affecting AI
    *Turned debugging mode off (to reduce lag)
    *Fixed timid/daring proficiency bug
    *All proficiencies now give +/-10% of what they say (except Aristocracy-Plutocracy)
    *Added the Forestguard avatar for dialogues
    *Fixed the random army limit bug
    *Setopt and Addopt nis commands can now memorize current time (in days)
    *Setopt and Addopt nis commands can now memorize global variables
    *Added the PassTime campaign nis command
    *Setopt and Addopt nis commands can now memorize any random number given a min and max value
    *RAND6 value removed
    *Modified some nis files in Duskshroud's campaign
    *Crowns nis command now accepts values memorized with Setopt/Addopt
    *Modified some nis files in Prologue chapter
    *Fixed some typos in Prologue chapter
    *PassTime command can now use current time (in days), global variables, optional variables and random numbers
    *Fixed extra portraits bug
    *Tip of the day no longer appears on first run
    *Spirggans now have 60 hp (was 100) and 12 speed (was 10)
    *Sprites now have 60 hp (was 100), 14 speed (was 12)
    *Sylphs now have 10 hp (was 30), 15 speed (was 13) and 70 production time (was 60)
    *Pixies now have 90 hp (was 110), 10 speed (was 8) and 87 production time (was 77)
    *Guardian Skulls now have 20 combat (was 12) and are strong vs piercing damage (was all elemental)
    *When in campaign choices, previous message is not cleared from the screen - in case player forgot what was he/she was asked
    *It is no longer mandatory for your hero to be able to choose his/her native race as a battle option in the campaign
    *Aristocracy - Plutocracy perks now modify your units cost and production time by 50%
    *Modified perk system. Heroes reset
    *Quick Fighter perk now gives +10% attack speed to your hero
    *Quick Runner perk now gives +10% move speed to your hero
    *Fixed several perk bugs involving effect calculations
    *Efficient Fighter perk now gives +10% critical chance and -10% attack speed to your hero
    *Fast Fighter perk now gives -10% critical chance and +10% attack speed to your hero
    *Young but Weak perk now gives +10% hp regen and -10% hp to your hero
    *Old but Hardened perk now gives -10%hp regen and +10% hp to your hero
    *Added Zultak's Item pack #1
    *Durable Builder perk now gives +10% hp and +10% build time to all your buildings
    *Fast Builder perk now gives -10% hp and -10% build time to all your buildings
    *Liberal perk now gives -10% conversion time to your hero
    *Severe perk now gives +10% conversion time to your enemy heroes
    *Traditionalist perk now gives +50% spellcasting chance and +50% mana cost to your hero's spells
    *Experimentalist perk now gives -50% spellcasting chance and -50% mana cost to your hero's spells
    *Quantity perk now gives -50% food consumption and -50% morale to your units
    *Quality perk now gives +50% food consumption and +50% morale to your units
    *Introvert perk now gives +10% xp gain to your hero and -10% xp gain to your units
    *Extrovert perk now gives -10% xp gain to your hero and +10% xp gain to your units
    *Added popup help for proficiency determined perks
    *In game avatar does not change when hero levels up now
    *AI units in towers now DO get counted on army limit calculations
    *Added some extra hints for chapter 2
    *Added intro movie for chapter 2
    *Modified Kaari's stats. Now has 20 combat, 200 hp, 20 speed, 35 damage, 10 armor and 10 resistance
    *Added the Dark Rider, Knight, Thrall, Swordsman portraits for dialogues
    *Fixed grid appearing crash caused by AI blinking
    *Fixed spell-leveling bug giving +2 on one click
    With the import tools in WBC3, we can do it in under 5 minutes... but how to use the tools properly is secret known only to myself, Janeen, and a few ancient monks cloistered in cave somewhere in northern Latvia

Cheers

Steve
    I always had something of a monk in me. Now I know.

TO ALL WHO HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE UI (Elgareth, DeusExMachina):

I have discovered what the problem is: 1600 resolution. Simply play on a lower setting and everything should work fine. I am now working on a 1600 compatibility mode and should be implemented in 0.7.3.

TO ALL WHO HAD PROBLEMS WITH LAG (SlyGoat):

The issue is about debug mode. Logging everything the code does simply takes too much time on some PCs. This has been fixed in 0.7.2 (available for download)

Thank you all for the feedback.

Patrick
    Last edited by Patrick_the_Winekiller; 06-26-2013 at 09:16 AM.
    With the import tools in WBC3, we can do it in under 5 minutes... but how to use the tools properly is secret known only to myself, Janeen, and a few ancient monks cloistered in cave somewhere in northern Latvia

Cheers

Steve

Awesome, can't wait to finally give this a try

So I finally got around to installing and trying out this mod, it took a while, I know.

I was immediately impressed with the main menu! mostly due to the in-bedded videos. I actually just sat there for a while, watching those clips.

The next thing I was (surprisingly) impressed with was the re-worked hero system. I had heard all the things about it and didn't expect to be too happy with all the changes (perks, RSB, reverting back to the classic hero system in some areas) but you have done a very good job at combining them altogether and not end up with a horrible mess. I actually like these new "extras" and for the first time since I first played WBC3, I actually spent quite some time on the hero creation screen, carefully thinking out what I would choose. This was complimented by the fact that you have allowed us to see what skills the classes now offer. No more trial and restarting to find out what classes + hero race offer the skill combinations I want!
    But no new classes or skills?

Once I got into game, there was one thing that I was a little concerned about - the power creep in basic infantry. In my first game, the Orcs I were producing had over 20 combat and did over 30 damage! The unfortunate Fey soon learned that meant I could steam roll over their base - and did. None of their structures could last even 5 seconds against 16 Orcs - their towers burst into flames and blew up before all the Orcs even got a chance to smack it. It was only when a couple of Sprites and an Imp showed up that halted the demolition my Orcs were causing (which I was partly supprised about but did keep in mind the new "unit types" you mentioned some time ago and assumed that had something to do with it) With my following attack mob, 16 Orcs and 16 Kobold Snipers, I finished off the Fey.... and everyone else for that matter. I even stopped between base sieging to annoying a wild Undead lair. Effortlessly, the mob took down the building and the Doom Knight boss that came out of it, loosing only a single unit.
    Later on I'll play another few games and observe things a little more, but as I see it now, the power creep in basic units have made buildings seem much weaker. I personally found them to be too weak in the un-modded game, so I'm not particularly too keen on them feeling even weaker.

All in all, I do like what I've seen and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have got for us.
    I also see that, like Ahatch, you have added the Boats back in. However, do they work yet in your mod? When / if they do, you can modify the Bay of Orcs map and add that 6th side back in.

A few other things to note:
    1. The imported features pack supplied with your mod still has the inherited Obelisk bug. Check the Battlefield forums "Bugs to fix" section for full details about that, but basically the second listed Obelisk shares the same ID as the first, instead of using its own.
    2. The Kharn Quest Pack your using doesn't appear to be the latest one. I believe you're using the second release, but there were a third public release (version 1.5). It is still hosted on the Battlefield forums.
    3. The Kharn Pak - Grass and Kharn Pak - Desert tile packs aren't up to date, either. However, at this point I'm questioning whether I did upload the updated Desert Pak as it was just a very minor adjustment. (From what I recall, it was just a transition improvement on one of the large desert coast tiles)

- I've just had a quick look and it appears it was modified this year (6/1/13), yet the one up for download dates back to 2011. I'll see to that then, but as it was just a minor tweak, I may bring forward a future update to help make the download worth it.
    Last edited by Kharn; 07-12-2013 at 10:09 PM.

I have dealt with the Kharn stuff and have buffed the towers. The modifications will be available in the next version (0.7.3). Thank you for the feedback!

Cheers

Steve

Version 0.7.3 has been released.
    GRAB YOUR COPY HERE
    or on the official TPC website. Here's the changelog:

******************************** Patch 0.7.3 *************************************

*Updated Help.cfg for characters
    *Fixed more typos in Duskshroud's campaign (including mission names)
    *Added Wight, Dwarf Infantry, Kobold, Goblin Chief and Orc avatars for dialogues
    *Fixed Ssrathi avatars in Duskshroud's campaign
    *Fixed Prologue crashing when selecting Sir Melvin
    *Modified initial hero setup of Sir Melvin
    *Orc AI now builds more than just keeps and towers (bugfix)
    *Goblins now produced at Goblin Tower
    *Fixed mortar bug
    *Compatibility with 1600 resolutions
    *Fixed minor graphical glitches of some control panels
    *Setopt and Addopt nis commands can now memorize current day and year. Documentation updated
    *Added the Goblin Shaman avatar for dialogue use
    *Implemented the new opt#eq# condition for nis use. Documentation updated
    *Added three new hero skills: Orc Lover, Goblin Lover, Kobold Lover
    *Fixed duplicate obelisk bug from wbc1import features. Evil obelisk now available
    *Updated Kharn Quests to version 1.5
    *Updated Kharn Pak - Desert terrain tiles
    *Fixed No Dragons game mode bug
    *Fixed Lichking's Ring bug
    *Modified some item descriptions
    *Psychological and converting radius is now shown only for selected units
    *Fixed Plaguelord AI
    *Frostbat is now a flying unit
    *Fixed Temporary Heroes. Now they actually work
    *Fixed extra spell sphere bug
    *Fixed retinue screen for Woodelves and Highelves
    *Fixed help text for knight lords
    *When selecting voiceset in hero customization screen, a random speech line is played every time (instead of just deathblow)
    *AI heroes now level up according to the new leveling up system (5AP per level)
    *AI heroes now get items even in Assasination mode
    *Added two more skirmish maps (Ravine of the Claws, Suberbs)
    *Buffed towers (experimental)

Cheers

Steve

Suberbs should have actually been called "Suburbs" - spelling was never my strong point. But I don't know if you want to actually change that.

Compatibility with 1600 resolutions
    I really want to see this (and hope you can help Ahatch / WBCEnthusiast implement this into their mods, if they haven't already done so or if WBCEnthusiast is still with us) but I don't like or are having problems with the sites the mod is uploaded on - last time I got it from Vanilla Ice cream's site. (I think that's his site: warlords,battlecry.fr)
    Last edited by Kharn; 07-31-2013 at 05:42 PM.

I am not somewhere, nor nowhere. I just am...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharn View Post
    Suberbs should have actually been called "Suburbs" - spelling was never my strong point. But I don't know if you want to actually change that.

I really want to see this (and hope you can help Ahatch / WBCEnthusiast implement this into their mods, if they haven't already done so or if WBCEnthusiast is still with us) but I don't like or are having problems with the sites the mod is uploaded on - last time I got it from Vanilla Ice cream's site. (I think that's his site: warlords,battlecry.fr)
    Is there a direct full version download? Because I don't feel like DLing every single patch now.

@Kharn: battlecry.fr will have the new version on their site as well, soon

@Faestus: nope, sorry. Full versions are only the ones that end up with zero (0.7.0)

Cheers

Steve

Compatibility with 1600 resolutions
    I see, this hasn't been re-implemented but rather stops the game from crashing when this resolution is selected by auto selecting a lower resolution. However, the auto-change only applies to the campaign - you can still attempt to play a skirmish map with this resolution and crash the game.

Also - I forgot about Faestus's mod during my last post.
    Last edited by Kharn; 08-04-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast