Infinite Interactive on Facebook Infinite Interactive on Twitter
Forum
Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast

If we were making Warlords Battlecry 4...

If we were making Warlords Battlecry 4, what kinds of things would you like to see in it?
    Add any thoughts here!

please dont change it,just add more things to its so its more awesome! please no radical changes,no wild game breaking experiments

1. all the races from WB3 and some new,ok I undertand that might be too much to ask,but please,many MANY races!!!

2. DEEP hero customization,high level cap,many items,many classes... one thing I liked in MMO Runes of Magic your hero can be any two classes,one primary and one secondary... that would be another explosive dose of possibilities to already massive class/race combos.

3. I want it to be mainly online multiplayer oriented,since the time I got internet the singleplayer games arent the same anymore,it just dont satisfy me,so the game should have all these sweet MP only unlocks and things,kinda like Battlefield 3

4. The game should be fantasy and colorfull but not childish or too cartoonish,I want little bit of blood & gore,maybe some interesting looking critical hits?

I want new and improved WB3( with boats and level cap ),if it will have less of anything that would be bad,for example,no minion lairs? BAD... no on map quests? BAD... no special item sets? BAD ... no boats? BAD... no neutral animals to launch from my catapult or to feed to minotaur? BAD... no titans? BAD.... no special race things like Demons heroes being able to eat a soul left from sucubus,undead imunity to fear and double HP regen at night.... BAD...

also one last thing,I understand that many races and units will probably not make becose of increased dificulty making these things on much better engine... so whatever you decide to leave,dont let it be the Plague race
    Last edited by old times; 09-23-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Well one thing I would think is cool is customizable (lol not a real word) hero avatars. When you go to create your hero it would kinda like making a Sim.

Warlords Forever
    Home of the 1035 Mod for Warlords Battlecry 3
    I also make indiegames under the name BelowZeroGames

Quote Originally Posted by ahatch View Post
    Well one thing I would think is cool is customizable (lol not a real word) hero avatars. When you go to create your hero it would kinda like making a Sim.
    thats EXCELENT idea!!!! I loved picking picture,voice and one of few models of my hero,but found the options too limited,I would love some deeper customization

Quote Originally Posted by bardockeldar View Post
    A Conquest Mod to conquer etheria
    what if there was permanent Etheria conquest like thing online!!!! image trying to take the middle elven isles from hands of real living human player,that would be killer gameplay

Boats! Definitely bring back the boats! It was the greatest ommission in the progress of the series! But make sure the maps are large enough to support naval strategies, unlike the failure of Microsoft with Age Of Empires III who sacrificed map area in favor of graphics enhancements. I agree with a more vast character creation which carries over to the avatars. This was one of our (my son's and mine) greatest series and we would line up to get 4, just like he reminded me we did for 3. Larger maps with terrain strategies and advantages like shooting down from cliffs, using the forest for concealment and protection, flying creatures unobstructed by obstacles. Spells to freeze water to walk across or casting lava pools as harmful, but not impassable obstacles. Maybe an underground passage to move across the map on a second level. Creating higher level magic items through combinations of lesser items. I could go on and on.... I just hope that we actually see a WB4!

Keep it simple! 6, 7 races, 8 - 15 different types of armies each race, a few spells, some quests, some items to pick up and there you go! People tend to forget roots! It's always them which made something great or big!

I don't know how important any online function would be? Some games are great, some really .... . ...it depends....but I tend to say..no, I don't need permantent online connection to just play a game. It feels like a social borderline.... some just hate it, so I guess it's best to make it possible both ways. And if there should be any online shop...dear Steve after years of holding up your Warlords flag in Austria *lol* just don't even think about it!

A map generator would be great. not just those few maps you can already see before you start a game.

Nice, colorful and spirited desing is the key! and balancing is always important, keep an eye on the balance.

I guess an option for keeping things nice and eays would be cool. I mean it is not important that you can level up every single building to the moon, 2,3 options shall do....but I guess many players love that, so a way to choose the amount of upgrades would be a good thing.
    Also for the armies. remember warlords 2 and the medals you hardly ever got? Something like that would do

Steve already mentioned it what I think is a great idea. A way to transfer your armies / heroes from WB4 to W5
    Sounds damn cool!
    That brings me to one important thing: keep W5 Rundenbasiert, as I would say in German... I think you say turnbased?
    But only W5, WB4 needs to stay a real time strategy game. (Just in case you thought about changing it?)

Cheers from Austria! wargul16
    Last edited by wargul16; 09-24-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Boats Wargul16 you should be playing 1035 I added boats 3 years ago

Warlords Forever
    Home of the 1035 Mod for Warlords Battlecry 3
    I also make indiegames under the name BelowZeroGames

Don't focus on graphics enhancements. Keep the requirements easy enough to play on a laptop. The gameplay is vital. Some of the best games ever (including yours), don't lose their appeal over time just because the graphics aren't the current state of the art. The replayability and accessibility drive the desire to keep playing.
    Another thought I had (maybe this is way out there, but it would add an intriguing twist), Rogue Titans that appear later in the game and require enemies to temporarily unite to defeat this errant threat before he destroys everyone's world. He might even calculate who is offering the least support toward defeating him and make that person the focus of his immediate destruction.
    How about having neutral residents of things like the Celestial Temples on guard , so you have to defeat them first before you can convert the temples.

I never played WBC1 so I am not sure how that hero system worked but between WBC2 & 3, I preferred WBC2's hero system. I thought it felt more realistic with classes having their primary, secondary, and tertiary stats that took differing amounts of AP to increase but I realize this system can get little too complex for someone new to the game. I also liked choosing a profession at level 2 and then a class at level 3 instead of choosing a class at level 1; understandably this results in less choices so perhaps is not the best way of doing it.

As for the campaigns, I did enjoy both games, the conquest mode of wbc2 and wbc3 were both great in my opinion and would like to see both modes return in a potential wbc4, though if given a choice of only one would choose the story campaign of 3. The diplomacy was a nice addition in 3, and think that there could also be some sort of bonus (combat or morale?) given to your army based on the amount of battles that you lead your allied races into to encourage use of the races that that aren't your hero's race.

I love Altomyhrr's previous post especially regarding the gameplay being more important than graphics; this is something that too many big name companies seem to be forgetting lately. Lastly, Steve needs to conjure up some more music for the game, but this is pretty obvious.

Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast